Tips for Teens Who Are Struggling With Body Odor
As teenagers, going through puberty is inevitable – and for some, that means dealing with unpleasant body odor. But you don’t have to let it get in the way of having a fun teen life! Natural deodorant is an effective and safe way to battle teenage body odor while keeping your skin irritation-free. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why natural deodorant is a great choice for teens struggling with body odor, as well as offer tips on how to reduce the smell with simple daily habits. So let’s get started on tackling those pesky odors!
What is Natural Deodorant and Why is it Good for Teens?
When it comes to teenage body odor, natural deodorant is a must. Not only is it free from harsh chemicals like aluminum, parabens, phthalates, and artificial fragrances that can exacerbate delicate skin – but it is also an effective way of keeping you smelling fresh all day long. Natural deodorants are made with ingredients such as baking soda, arrowroot powder, and essential oils – so your armpits will be kept safe from irritation caused by traditional antiperspirants. Plus, when used in conjunction with proper hygiene habits (like washing your armpits daily), natural deodorant is sure to keep body odors at bay!
But don’t take our word for it – try it yourself and see the results! Natural deodorants come in a variety of scents, from light and floral to bold and musky. Experiment to find the scent that is best suited for you – because smelling good is just as important as feeling good during your teenage years. Don't forget to #readthelabel as you will find all the information you need to make the right buying decision.
Tips for Reducing Teenage Body Odor
To get the most out of natural deodorant, there are a few simple hygiene habits that can help reduce body odor:
- Wash your armpits daily with a soap that has antibacterial properties such asPrep U 2-in-1 Hair + Body Wash (shameless plug) and warm water. This will help remove any odor causing bacteria that could contribute to body odor. If the odor is still lingering, find a product that has charcoal in it. Charcoal is known for its ability to absorb impurities and is a great addition to any hygiene routine. The Prep UCharcoal Body Scrub is formulated with activated charcoal powder, which is gentle enough for sensitive skin and tough enough on teenage body odor. It helps draw out toxins and bacteria on your skin. This is the best secret on the market today and it will change your armpit's life.
- Wear clean clothes each day – this helps prevent sweat accumulation on clothing, which can increase the bacterial growth that lingers in the fibers which in turn creates that unwanted smell.Pro Tip: Clean clothes are NOT the ones laying on the floor near the hamper! Pick them up and take a whiff - if you smell funk, that means others can too.
- Change your clothes after exercising or playing sports to prevent sweat from lingering on your body. Perhaps look for clothing that is made of moisture wicking fabrics or breathable fabrics to help pull moisture away from the skin. Once these clothes are worn, see bullet point above and proceed straight to the hamper!
- Apply natural deodorant every day – this is key for keeping you smelling fresh throughout the day. You may need to apply a couple times a day as typically natural deodorants won't last 24hrs. So maybe add a stick to your backpack or locker just to be safe.
- Eat healthy and drink plenty of water – a balanced diet helps reduce body odor as well as keep you hydrated and healthy. More on this content below.
- Additionally, make sure to wear loose-fitting clothing and opt for fabrics like cotton that allow your skin to breathe; think natural fabrics like cotton. This is especially important during the summer months when body odor is more likely to become an issue. Finally, remember that body odor is completely normal – so don’t be too hard on yourself.
You Are What You Eat
Believe it or not, what you eat can actually have an effect on your body odor! Certain foods, such as garlic and onions, can add to body odor while others, like leafy greens and fruits, can help reduce it. To keep teenage body odor in check, try incorporating the following into your diet:
- Leafy greens: Broccoli, spinach, kale – these are all high in chlorophyll which is known to help reduce body odor. In addition to reducing body odor, the vitamins and minerals found in leafy greens have numerous benefits for teenage skin. The antioxidants work to protect cells from damage and reduce inflammation, while Vitamin A is essential for tissue growth and repair. Eating plenty of green veggies is also a great way to get your daily dose of Vitamin C – which can help improve skin elasticity and brighten up a dull complexion!
- Fruits: Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruits, and limes are packed with Vitamin C which is proven to help reduce sweat production and body odor. Other fruits such as apples, berries, melons and bananas are rich in fiber that helps flush toxins out of the body. So don’t forget to snack on some fruit throughout the day to keep body odor at bay.
- Water: When it comes to reducing body odor, water is essential for keeping you hydrated and flushing out toxins from your system. Make sure that you drink plenty of water throughout the day – not only will it help reduce body odor but it can also improve skin tone!
- Probiotics: Eating probiotic-rich foods like yogurt helps balance out gut bacteria which is linked to reducing body odor. So make sure to grab some yogurt for breakfast or a mid-afternoon snack!
- Herbs & Spices: Parsley is known to be a natural deodorant while cinnamon is said to be an odor neutralizer. Try sprinkling some of these herbs and spices into your food to help keep body odor in check.
By following these simple steps and incorporating natural deodorant and other natural hygiene products into your routine, teens can dramatically reduce body odor. Natural deodorants are free from harsh chemicals that can irritate the skin, while still being effective in preventing body odor. Eating a balanced diet of fruits, veggies, probiotics, and herbs is also key for reducing teenage body odor. So don’t sweat it (pun intended)! With Prep U Natural Deodorant and the right lifestyle choices, you'll be on your way to smelling fresh all day long. Good luck! ;)
*Information on this site is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Any information on this site is not intended to make claims to any unique individual and/or experience.